However, with the fast-paced world we live in now, there are times when peddling physically is not sufficient. You need the additional push to reach your destination on time.
And it helps when your bike is powered enough, so you do not arrive at work sweaty and tired from cycling.
This is where electric bikes come in handy. They are eco-friendly, inexpensive, and save the depletion of nonrenewable fuel sources.
So if you are considering an ebike, the Ecotric ebikes are an excellent choice. In our Ecotric Bike Review we have the top-selling ebikes from Ecotric. Read on to know which is ideal for your requirements.
Ecotric Fat tire ebike guarantees an accurate, smooth, and fast ride with its powerful features. The seven gear bike is designed to provide the best performance and comfort for the rider. Here are the crucial features of the ebike:
- Seven gear system with a maximum speed of 20MPH
- Battery with 500W power for potent driving capability
- Smart battery charger present for the Lithium battery of 36 V
- Fat tire of dimensions 26 x 4 to ensure all-terrain drive in a balanced, fast and safe way
Design And Construction
The Ecotric fat tire ebike is designed especially for off-road cycling. The fat tires of 26 x 4 inches dimension prevent anti-skidding. The design is ergonomic with strong and sturdy materials used for the body and tires.
Available as 90% pre-assembled, the ebike is fitted with convenient to use handlebars. The seat can be adjusted according to the rider height, and the tire is designed correctly with anti-slip design and wear-resistant durable material. The LED display fitted to the handlebar is useful for setting the speed limit.
The fat tire Ecotric electric bike is ideal for riding on any type of rough terrain. Off-road cycling, good adaptation to gravel, sand, snow, and other rough terrains are more accessible with the Ecotric bike.
The brushless gear hub cycle motor with 500W power makes climbing very steep inclines effortless and efficient.
The motor has a capability of clocking speeds of a maximum of 23 mph. The lithium battery used for the electric bike is 36 V/12AH power providing charge up to a maximum of 19 miles.
And battery comes in an easy to carry case that enables charging the battery at your workplace or school. The dual outage and mechanical braking offer additional stability and security.
At over $950, the price of the electric bike is very high. However, the 7 gear shift, high speed, convenience, and performance-oriented features of the bicycle make the price worth it. And the savings that the bike provides in terms of fuel consumption and efficiency also work in favor of the ebike.
- The speed is very good, and the bike accelerates fast and smooth
- Made of durable quality material that provides stable ride even in rough terrain
- Matt finish in the black color is resistant to damage
- The battery lasts nearly about 25 miles on a full charge
- Its brake rotors easily warp
- The bike has simple controls with just 3 buttons and an LCD panel and it does not have speed changing mechanism and the power used up for the motor
- The assist settings for the seat are shallow and need high assist level for tall people
And the brakes are in reverse when compared to standard bicycles for accommodating throttle. You will find the right brake is for the front and left is for the rear. So remember this when you ebike brake after accelerating to top speed. By the way, this is the top seller of our Ecotric Bike Review.
If you are in search of a portable ebike for your camping trips, the 20-inch Ecotric foldable bike may be the option to consider. As with the other Ecotric ebikes, this model too packs quite a large number of desirable features. Let me get you through the feature highlights first:
- The bike is fitted with a powerful motor driven by a lithium-ion battery and has a capacity of 500W.
- The battery takes about 8 hours for charging and has 36V/12AH capacity
- Fat tire of 20 inches x 4.0 inches suitable for front and back disc brakes
- Size is 1768mm length in total, the height of handlebar from the ground is 1150mm, the height of saddle to the ground in 990m and distance between the front and rear wheels is 1185mm
- The bike has a seven-speed gear with a maximum speed of 20mph
Design And Construction
The Ecotric foldable bike is made of Aluminum alloy frame in linearness design. The body is sturdy with space provided for battery placement.
The battery can be slid off the groove. It is placed behind the seat. The bike weighs 57.3 pounds.
The tires are 20 inches x 4 inches and are sturdily built to withstand rough road conditions in winter and summer.
The bike is designed to accelerate to a maximum speed of 20mph. The 500 W motor provides the required boost for cycling. The seven-speed Shimano gear system ensures the outage breaking and the mechanical braking system work together for added safety.
The bike also has walk assist and pedal-assist features. The distance it can go per charge is up to 23 miles.
Prices around $750 the foldable bike may look expensive at the outset. But after riding it in rough road conditions, I was surprised that the makers gave it away for such a low price.
Most of the competitor models available are expensive than this model and also do not have as many attractive and useful features as this Ecotric model.
- The bike is easy to ride on gravel and dirt roads
- Assembling the bike was easy
- Folding feature makes it easy to carry it in an RV or car easily
- Pedaling without power is also easy
- Parts are of good quality
- Powerful motor and can climb easily on hills of 20-degree inclines
- The seat was challenging to set up on the bike. It did not fit well
- Battery does not charge fully even after an overnight charge
- Manual instructions are very vague
- Does not go on very steep inclines
The four-inch fat tire is an excellent feature as it makes pedaling easier on rough terrain and makes the ride smoother. Even with the expensive price tag, the feature-packed bike is undoubtedly worth it when compared to competitor bikes that are priced at over $1000. And this is my loveliest bike from this Ecotric Bike Review.
If you want a cost-effective electric mountain bike, the Ecotric Mountain ebike is an option to consider. Designed for mountain riding, the ebike has a good shock absorption system and robust tires. Let us see the essential features of the bike here:
- Powerful 500W rear motor and a lithium battery of 36V/13AH capacity
- Capable of covering a distance of 54 km on a full charge
- Charging time is 8 hours
- 36 V LCD display
- Throttle and pedal-assist feature present
Design And Construction
The mountain ebike from Ecotric is thoughtfully constructed with sturdy and ergonomic features. The frame is made of Aluminum alloy and has a streamlined design. The seat is adjustable according to the height of the rider. The handbag is ergonomic, ensuring rider comfort.
The tires are sufficiently wide and have an anti-slip and wear-resistant tread.
A proper suspension system is a must for riding inclines and rough terrains as in mountain riding. The Ecotric mountain ebike is fitted with an adjustable disc brake of hydraulic suspension fork type with an aluminum shoulder.
The cover tire dimension is 26 inches x 2,35 inches, while the inner tire has 26 x 2.125 inches. The removable Lithium battery requires charging for 8 hours approximately, which can give you distance coverage of about 50 km.
The battery powers the 500 W motor, and the range are actually based on whether you are using the throttle power or the pedal assist. With the pedal assist, the energy used is more; hence, the covered distance will be less. The maximum speed it can reach is 32 km per hour or 20 mph.
The mountain ebike is priced at $950 approximately, which is expensive but not much when you consider what the competitors charge. The Ecotric ebike for mountain ride has plenty of features that make it ideal for mountainous terrain. This makes the price worth it.
- Quality is excellent
- Easy to ride even on rough and steep inclines
- 90% Pre-assembled so was a breeze to set it up
- The LCD display is very convenient for checking the speed, distance, and power
- Heightt adjustment is difficult to do
- Instructions for setting up are not clear
- Battery power does not last for more than 10 miles
- Seat is uncomfortable
The powerful motor makes a great deal of difference to your ride, especially in an ebike. This is why the fat tire mountain ebike from Ecotric is fitted with a 1000W motor. When you are handing rough uphill roads, the additional power is convenient. Here are other important features that stand out in this ebike from Ecotric:
- 1000W motor with a maximum speed capability of 20 mph
- 7 gear Shimano shifting for an accurate, smooth and fast ride
- LCD display panel with speed cycle
- The removable lithium battery of 48V/13AH power
- Maximum load is 260 pounds
- USB phone charger present under the display screen
Design And Construction
Just like the other Ecotric fat tire model I have discussed in this review list, this ebike has a similar alloy frame with a streamlined design. The ebike has a sturdy build with a fully functional braking system and disc brakes that work over both lines ensuring a safe ride.
The 26 x 4-inch tire has an anti-skidding design, and the tread is built to adapt to any type of topography, including sand, snow, and others. The seat is adjustable, and the battery is placed beneath the seat and can be removed and charged when the bike is not in use.
The LCD display and gear switch are convenient to switch gears and adjust speed. The device is available as 90% pre-assembled, so putting it together and getting it ready for a ride is smooth.
The 1000W motor powered by 48V/13AH battery provides the power needed for rough rides on snow, sand, etc. The Hydraulic brake and outage brake give the right assistance. The walk and pedal-assist further ensure the ebike serves according to your specific needs.
- The powerful motor makes riding smooth and fast
- The brake system and suspension are perfect and provide reasonable control while riding fast
- The design is very sleek
- Fat tires offer a smooth ride
- The headlamp is an excellent addition
- Difficult to use the assist settings
- Battery compartment is not proper, Makes annoying rattling noise while riding
- Set up needs some technical knowledge for a proper ride
Overall the Ecotric 1000W mountain bike is a smart purchase award winner in of our Ecotric Bike Review. So it is the right choice if you are looking for an ebike that can accommodate on-road and off-road conditions adeptly.
This Ecotric 20-inch fat tire foldable model is similar in features to the earlier folding ebike I have described in this list. This folding model is an apt choice for bikers who want their bike to be easy to carry around on their outdoor trips.
Let us look at the essential features in this folding ebike:
- The motor is of brushless gear type and has 500 W capacity
- The battery is lithium cell battery with 36V/12AH and charges in 8 hours
- The bike weighs 23.2 kg
- Tires are of dimension 20 x 4.0 inches
Design And Construction
Similar to the earlier folding model I have discussed here, this Ecotric folding bike is made of Aluminum alloy frame, and the handlebars and seats are designed ergonomically. Available in blue and white colors, the ebike looks and feels sturdy and sleek.
With a motor capacity of 500W and 36V battery powering it, the ebike provides appreciable speed. And the presence of throttle assist and pedal-assist features ensure the speed is maintained even when you are not up to it.
The braking and suspension work in tandem to make the ride an enjoyable one even in rough terrain.
The price of this folding ebike from Ecotric is around $845, which is a cost-effective deal. When compared to competitor models that have similar or fewer features, the price is well worth it.
- Easy to carry it on camping trips
- Fenders are useful when riding it in rainy weather
- It is easy to cover over 30 miles without feeling too exhausted.
- Assembling the bike was difficult
- Fenders look flimsy
- Does not offer an excellent fit
- Not easy to drive in intersections inside the city
The bike is good on sand and dirt roads and battery works, which makes it a moderately valuable purchase. Ecotric Bike Review – Value Choice.
Ecotric Bike Review – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the mechanism behind electric bikes?
Electric bikes or ebikes have electric motor fitted to the rear hub as in the Ecotric models or the bottom bracket or front hub of a few other models. When you turn the motor on, it pushes the bike forward with pedal-assist or throttle assist. The lithium battery powers the motor. When you switch off the electronics, it can be used just like a standard bike.
What is the best electric bicycle?
There are several hundreds of ebike models available in the market now ranging from $1000 to more than $8000. It is not easy to pick out the best. You have to consider the reliability, performance, quality, and price factor and choose the best.
What are the disadvantages of electric bikes?
E-bikes are expensive and have longer charging time and shorter battery life. They are also heavy, so storing them is difficult. Without battery power, you will find it difficult to pedal the bike uphill.
What electric bike has the longest range?
The longest range of an ebike is based on factors such as the terrain, cargo weight, rider, motor size, battery power, and tire. However, a bike with a high amp-hour value will be able to cover a longer distance. A 20AH bike can cover a range of 75 miles for a single charge.
How far will an electric bike go?
On average, you can cover about 20 to 50 miles on a single charge. However, this may vary based on factors like rider weight, battery power, terrain, the weather, and more.
Final Verdict – Ecotric Bike Review
Did you like our Ecotric Bike Review? Please comment!
And don’t forget to check our other reviews! All about E-Bikes on iRideEV.com